- Devon link-up
Devon Link-Up is a user-led organisation for people with learning disabilities. This means that people with learning disabilities run Devon Link-Up and make sure that it meets the needs of all its users.
- Encompass Southwest
Encompass Southwest, formerly known as the Barnstaple Poverty Action Group (BPAG), is an independent community-based charity that provides a range of services to people across the Southwest of England, who are experiencing crisis and hardship.
- Living Options Devon Empowering people with disabilities for over 20 years.
Living Options Devon is a well respected user-led organisation which works to ensure that people with disabilities and deaf people (for whom British Sign Language is their first or preferred language) can live the life they choose.
- Devon, your local victim support number is 0300 303 0554
- Shekinah building lives and futures Shekinah is based in Devon and helps a wide range of adults, young offenders and ex-offenders in Plymouth, Torbay and South Devon. Shekinah tackles the complex issues of homelessness, substance misuse and social exclusion with its non-judgmental, holistic and integrated approach.
- Safe places scheme People who may be feeling vulnerable will find it comforting to know that if they go to a registered ‘Safe Place’, the staff there will do their best to help them.
- Safeguarding Adults Board To the Cornwall and Isles of Scilly Safeguarding Adult Board website.
- The Adult Social Care for Cornwall Council contact number is 0300 1234 131 and option 2.
- Local victim support number for Cornwall is 0300 303 0554
- Safe places scheme The scheme helps people with learning disabilities deal with any incident that takes place whilst they are out and about in the community – for example harassment, bullying or maybe the person they are meeting fails to turn up
- St Petroc's Society To provide accommodation, support, advice, training and resettlement services to single homeless people in Cornwall.
Isles of Scilly
- Safeguarding Adults - Council of the Isles of Scilly The council takes its safeguarding responsibilities very seriously and is committed to dealing with all aspects of abuse. If you are concerned that any vulnerable adult is experiencing abuse or neglect please contact:
Call Adult Social Care team on 01710 424000 9am-5pm Mon - Thur, 9am - 4:30pm on Fri.
Or outside of hours call 01720 422699.
- Elder Tree Befriending Service The Plymouth Over 50’s Befriending Service is an innovative partnership between Plymouth City Council and the Elder Tree Befriending Service to promote independent living and social inclusion
- Plymouth Highbury Trust Supporting people with learning disabilities
- Plymouth online directory A site that provides welfare, health and social care information for adults and families living in Plymouth
- Plymouth Adults Social Care: 01752 306900
- Plymouth Path Path offers a range of services, from work with rough sleepers through to support for people to maintain their tenancies. This includes providing support to people in Teignbridge to secure private rented accommodation, similar to our core service - and our origins - in Plymouth.
- Safe Place locations in Plymouth A list of places where vulnerable people can ask for help on presentation of a safe places card
- Brixham does care Brixham Does Care is a registered befriending charity founded in 1978, which attempts to combat loneliness, isolation and despair. We offer support to people of all ages and client groups in communities.
- Safer communities Torbay: Domestic Abuse Support Services
- age uk - love later lifeAge UK's vision is for a world where everyone can love later life
- Ann Craft Trust Safeguarding vulnerable adults & disabled children
- Action on elder abuse Leading the fight against elder abuse. They work to protect, and prevent the abuse of, vulnerable older adults and by doing so we also protect other adults a risk of abuse
- BILD is the British Institute of Learning Disabilities. We want people with learning disabilities to be valued equally, participate fully in their communities and be treated with dignity and respect.
- Care Act 2014: Statutory guidance for implementation (a gov.uk site).
- Care and support is changing for the better (a gov.uk site).
- Family lives Listening, supportive and non-judgemental
- The deaf health charity They are the authors of the world’s first large study of the health of Deaf people and the home of the world’s biggest collection of health videos in sign language.
Telephone: 01494 687600
Fax: 01494 687622
SMS/text message: 07966 976749
- mrn migrants' rights network Migrants' Rights Network is a young, dynamic national NGO working and campaigning in support of migrants in the UK.
- Mencap: the voice of learning disability Mencap work in partnership with people with a learning disability, and all our services support people to live life as they choose. Contact the helpline by phone on 0808 808 1111.
- Mind Mind, the mental health charity. There to make sure no one has to face a mental health problem alone.
- Purple Tear Drop Stop the trafficking - stop the tears. Call Crimestoppers 0800 555 111
- Respond A national charity that supports children and adults with learning disabilities who have experienced abuse or trauma. Respond provides therapeutic support as well as practical advice and information.
- Shelter Shelter helps millions of people every year struggling with bad housing or homelessness – and we campaign to prevent it in the first place.
- Street link Connecting rough sleepers to local services. StreetLink is a 24/7 website, mobile app and phone line 0300 500 0914, which allows you to send an alert about the location of someone sleeping rough.
- The Survivors Trust A national umbrella agency for over 130 specialist rape, sexual violence and childhood sexual abuse support organisations throughout UK and Ireland.
- True vision - Stop Hate Crime "Have you or someone you know been a victim of a hate crime or hate incident?
Hate crimes and incidents come in many different forms. It can be because of hatred on the grounds of your race, religion, sexual orientation, transgender identity or disability."